1. Many of our aged people go for days and even weeks with no one to say hi to them but for the good will neighbours.
2. About 90-95% of them suffer from lack of calcium and magnessium, which has caused them to be indoors even when they could still move around to do one thing or the other.
3. About 80% of them lack proper care as they are now a burden to their caregivers. From the look of things, 75% of caregivers find it difficult to love their work-taking care of the aged because of lack of proper means to offer all they need at this age.
4. About 10% of those we visited had no one to care for them. This was due to two main reasons.
(i) All their children were dead and none left to offer the care they needed.
(ii) their only living children were far away with no financial backings to hire someone else to take care of their aged ones
5. At least 90% of them go for months and at times almost throughout the years without basic items neccessary for their living. We met about 70% in the kitchen as their bed rooms with only bamboo beds and a few clothes thrown over the beds to serve as mattresses. Their coverings were fire which was being set to keep the room warm. They need our help.